Availability of a "python binder" for the DLR

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:34 AM
Edited Aug 27, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Hi,

In quite a few presentations by Microsoft (e.g. at one of the PDC, or the latest material in the VS2010 training kit) there is a reference to the availability or at least the possibility of having a python binder, which I understand means being able to interoperate with the CPython implementation. Is there such a binder implemented or planned? I'd be interested as I need to mix .NET code and python scripts for ArcGIS manipulations, and this cannot be done (yet?) through IronPython as this uses the python C extensions to tap into compiled modules.

J-M

Coordinator
Aug 27, 2010 at 1:37 AM

The Python binder referred to in those presentations is IronPython. You could look into IronClad which might work w/ your C extensions.

Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 5:34 PM
To: Dino Viehland
Subject: Availability of a "python binder" for the DLR [dlr:225001]

Hi,

In quite a few presentations by Microsoft (e.g. at one of the PDC, or the latest material in the VS2010 training kit) there is a reference to the availability or at least the possibility of having a python binder, which I understand means being able to interoperate with the CPython implementation. Is there such a binder implemented or planned? I'd be interested as I need to mix .NET code and python scripts for ArcGIS manipulations, and this cannot be done (yet?) through IronPython as this uses the python C extensions to tap into compiled modules.

J-M

<!--[if !mso]> <mce:style><! v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} p\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} v\:textbox {display:none;} --> <!--[endif]-->

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dlr@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email dlr@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com