IronColdFusion ?

Apr 22, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Hi,

Yesterday I visited a client that wants to migrate his ColdFusion development to the Microsoft .NET platform (VS 2010, .NET 4).

I told him about the newly added support for dynamic languages (DLR) in .NET 4. If there was support for ColdFusion this might help out.

Was Googling / Binging today if I could find an "Iron"-implementation for ColdFusion for the DLR. The only thing I found was BlueDragon.NET / IronDragon. But only one blog post from 2007.

It would be great if we could use the DLR to reuse business logic written in ColdFusion  (CFSCRIP). We could phase this out over time.

Was wondering if IronDragon is available or anybody else is working on something simular? 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Christophe

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2010 at 2:59 AM

Yeah, those guys came to one of our dev labs and got some quick progress that they thought looked promising, but I'm not sure what they've done since.  I'm not in contact with them currently, but if you had the authors name/email, I'd poke them.  Sorry don't know more.

Bill

Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 2:29 AM
To: Bill Chiles
Subject: IronColdFusion ? [dlr:210161]

Hi,

Yesterday I visited a client that wants to migrate his ColdFusion development to the Microsoft .NET platform (VS 2010, .NET 4).

I told him about the newly added support for dynamic languages (DLR) in .NET 4. If there was support for ColdFusion this might help out.

Was Googling / Binging today if I could find an "Iron"-implementation for ColdFusion for the DLR. The only thing I found was BlueDragon.NET / IronDragon. But only one blog post from 2007.

It would be great if we could use the DLR to reuse business logic written in ColdFusion (CFSCRIP). We could phase this out over time.

Was wondering if IronDragon is available or anybody else is working on something simular?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Christophe

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dlr@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email dlr@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2010 at 3:03 AM

Vincent Bonfanti was one of the devs, his blog is here: http://blog.newatlanta.com/rss.cfm?mode=full&

Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:59 PM
To: Dino Viehland
Subject: Re: IronColdFusion ? [dlr:210161]

Yeah, those guys came to one of our dev labs and got some quick progress that they thought looked promising, but I'm not sure what they've done since. I'm not in contact with them currently, but if you had the authors name/email, I'd poke them. Sorry don't know more.

Bill

Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 2:29 AM
To: Bill Chiles
Subject: IronColdFusion ? [dlr:210161]

Hi,

It would be great if we could use the DLR to reuse business logic written in ColdFusion (CFSCRIP). We could phase this out over time.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Christophe

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dlr@discussions.codeplex.com)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 25, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Thank you all for your responses.

I've contacted Vincent Bonfanti of New Atlanta in the meantime. The DLR (IronDragon) implementation is still in the pipeline it seems, but a bit on the backburner.

However using the current version of BlueDragon.NET (7.1) I can get there too.

For those dealing with the same issue I've written the following blog post about it:

http://cgeers.wordpress.com/2010/04/25/running-coldfusion-code-in-net/

Regards,

Christophe