Building for SL4 & phone 7

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:13 PM

I'm trying to build the silverlight dlr dlls targeting Silverlight 4 using the following:
C:\Windows\\Framework\v4.0.30128\MSBuild.exe .\Codeplex-DLR.sln /p:SilverlightPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Silverlight\4.0.50303.0" /p:Configuration="Silverlight Release"

but I'm getting a bunch of errors saying IStructuralComparable exists in Microsoft.Dynamic.dll & mscorlib.dll

If I target silverlight 3.0.50106.0 then it builds ok - but I can't use the dlls in a windows phone 7 silverlight app...

Help :)

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Our SL4 build is currently broken. Even if it worked the functionality won't work on Windows Phone 7 due to limitations and missing features of Compact Framework which is the CLR runtime of Win Phone 7. Using Silverlight 3 binaries should partially work but still there are missing features in CF that won't allow parts of the DLR to work correctly. If you're getting TypeLoad or MissingMethod exceptions than you've just hit such features.

Mar 18, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Thanks Tomas,

I presumes the Silverlight 4 build will be fixed soon? And is the intention to fully support Phone 7 when it ships?