What is needed to run on 3.5?

Feb 4, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I've been trying to port IronJS to require 3.5 instead of 4.0, as of now it requires no 4.0 specific features. But, I'm having trouble getting it all to compile on the 3.5 profile. I added the projects from the Codeplex-DLR.sln file and tried to compile, got hit with a wall of text full of errors. Been trying to mess around with different settings, it all seems to resolve around System.Core.dll, but that isn't in the Codeplex-DLR.sln solution, even though it compiles on 3.5. Sort of lost here.

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Because a lot of the types are duplicated between .NET 2 and .NET 4 (e.g. the Expression tree types) we generally keep the .NET 2 types in a different namespace from the .NET 4 types.  Then we have an #if which brings in the correct namespace:

#if CLR2

using Microsoft.Scripting.Ast;

#else

using System.Linq.Expressions;

#endif

Then we generally don’t reference System.Core but do reference Microsoft.Scripting.Core – but you should be able to reference them both if you need to.

Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 11:27 AM
To: Dino Viehland
Subject: What is needed to run on 3.5? [dlr:83184]

I've been trying to port IronJS to require 3.5 instead of 4.0, as of now it requires no 4.0 specific features. But, I'm having trouble getting it all to compile on the 3.5 profile. I added the projects from the Codeplex-DLR.sln file and tried to compile, got hit with a wall of text full of errors. Been trying to mess around with different settings, it all seems to resolve around System.Core.dll, but that isn't in the Codeplex-DLR.sln solution, even though it compiles on 3.5. Sort of lost here.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dlr@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email dlr@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 4, 2010 at 7:36 PM

I assume you'll also want to build against Silverlight 3 and 4. I would recommend looking into Ruby.csproj or IronPython.csproj in our GIT hub repository (http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/). These are the exact projects we use to build IronRuby and IronPython and they have Debug and Release configurations for CLR4, desktop CLR2, Silverlight 3 and 4. The project can also be opened in both VS2008 and VS2010. You can make a copy and replace the file list and maybe some relative paths.

Feb 4, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Thanks both of you, well on my way now :)