Need advice on calling extension methods

Oct 12, 2009 at 5:45 PM
Edited Oct 12, 2009 at 5:45 PM

It appears that it was really easy to call extension method back to version 0.9; all I need was to override the DefaultBinder.GetExtensionTypes(Type t) and return a list of types that I want it to seach for extension methods.

Now it appears that we do things through InvokeMemberBinder which is in the DynamicMetaObjectBinder hierarchy. Do I have to do the reflection myself to bind to an extension method? Thanks.

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2009 at 2:47 AM

It should still be really easy to call extension methods and the same thing should work.  You will need to implement a binder but that binder can call helpers on the DefaultBinder which does all of the heavy work.  We don’t have an invoke member helper right now but we do have DefaultBinder.GetMember and that will pick up the extension methods. 

Sent: Monday, October 12, 2009 10:46 AM
To: Dino Viehland
Subject: Need advice on calling extension methods [dlr:71736]

It appears that it was really easy to call extension method back to version 0.9; all I need was to override the DefaultBinder.GetExtensionTypes(Type t) and return a list of types that I want it to reseach for extension methods.

Now it appears that we do things through InvokeMemberBinder which is in the DynamicMetaObjectBinder hierarchy. Do I have to do the reflection myself to bind to an extension method? Thanks.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dlr@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email dlr@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com