is Toyscript broken on head?

Apr 20, 2009 at 8:25 PM
I updated my working copy to the newest revision, and it seems that toyscript isn't working.

Is this a known issue? 

Also, I've got a bit of a request.  When new changes find their way to svn, could the svn log messages be more descriptive?  Perhaps saying something about how the code has changed and how users may need to change their code, for example?

thanks for all your hard work!  It's been great to play around with the dlr as it continues to evolve.

Mike Kohout
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Hi, Mike.  I’ll have to look into the toyscript issue, not sure of its current state.  I’ve been working on a more comprehensive but still quite simple language example that also comes with a document walking you through the language’s evolution as I implemented on the DLR.  I should have that ready in two weeks.  I’m adding a couple more examples of good practice to the binders and otherwise mostly working on the document now.

As to the comments, they just transfer through from our internal dev process.  I’ll look into making those a bit more descriptive :-).

Thanks,

Bill

Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 12:26 PM
To: Bill Chiles
Subject: is Toyscript broken on head? [dlr:53894]

I updated my working copy to the newest revision, and it seems that toyscript isn't working.

Is this a known issue?

Also, I've got a bit of a request. When new changes find their way to svn, could the svn log messages be more descriptive? Perhaps saying something about how the code has changed and how users may need to change their code, for example?

thanks for all your hard work! It's been great to play around with the dlr as it continues to evolve.

Mike Kohout

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dlr@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email dlr@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 21, 2009 at 5:01 PM
Thanks Bill. 

<gushing-praise>I'm excited to see the new compiler example!</gushing-praise>

Mike Kohout
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:50 AM, billchi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi, Mike.  I’ll have to look into the toyscript issue, not sure of its current state.  I’ve been working on a more comprehensive but still quite simple language example that also comes with a document walking you through the language’s evolution as I implemented on the DLR.  I should have that ready in two weeks.  I’m adding a couple more examples of good practice to the binders and otherwise mostly working on the document now.

As to the comments, they just transfer through from our internal dev process.  I’ll look into making those a bit more descriptive :-).

Thanks,

Bill

Coordinator
Apr 21, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Well, it may not be my best writing, but getting feedback from folks will be awesome, and I promise to fix bugs in it :-).  For an extra twist, the language is implemented in IronPython and C# :-).  I think it will be very helpful to getting people started and explaining some tips or awareness points regarding binders and dynamic meta objects.

Cheers,

Bill

Apr 21, 2009 at 6:37 PM
That does sound exciting.

If you'd like a somewhat clueless external lab rat, feel free to forward any drafts my way-I'd be more than willing to give my opinion and write some notes about what an average dev such as myself would have problems with.