In vs2008, rebuilding the solution file does not have build of Microsoft.Scripting.Silverlight enabled. Enabling that in the Configuration Manager yields the following compile error:
Error 21 The base class or interface 'System.MarshalByRefObject' in assembly 'mscorlib, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' referenced by type 'Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptHost' could not be resolved c:\Users\me\Documents\Visual
Studio 2008\Projects\Codeplex-DLR-0.9\Runtime\Bin\Debug\Microsoft.Scripting.dll Microsoft.Scripting.Silverlight
Also, Silverlight assemblies can't take a reference to the Microsoft.Scripting* binaries, as they are not compiled against the Silverlight CLR+Fwk.
|(I sent this at 2pm, but it didn't seem to go through. Posting directly to the website ... hopefully this works ...)
Are you building from the sources in the release, or from the "Source Control" tab? I just took the released sources and built them fine. However, Chiron.exe.config is incorrect ... grab the correct one here:
http://github.com/jschementi/agdlr/tree/master/src/Chiron/App.config, but make sure it's still named Chiron.exe.config. Also, the script\sl command (in DLR-0.9-Bin.zip\Silverlight)
produces a Silverlight 2 Beta 2 HTML file, so you'll need to change the mime type to "application/x-silverlight-2" if you use that command. Other than that, the assemblies produced work fine in Silverlight 2 RTW.
When building Codeplex-DLR.sln from DLR-0.9-Src.zip, you'll need to change the "Active solution configuration" to "Silverlight Debug" or "Silverlight Release"
(in Build -> Configuration Manager). By default it will build for the desktop CLR. Or from the command line you can run:
msbuild /p:Configuration="Silverlight Debug"
These are the projects that build in Silverlight (you might want to uncheck IronPythonTest and ETSample1_CS):
Chiron (Release configuration though, since it's a webserver for SL apps)
Let me know if you're still having issues after trying this ...
Thanks, Jimmy. I found the Silverlight Release|Debug options after my post (!), and they are working.