Ops not supported by interpreter?

Nov 23, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Hope someone's still hanging out around here...  :-D

I'm starting to play around with the expression tree interpreter (LightCompiler and friends... thanks Tomas, great job!) and noticed that some instructions aren't implemented: multiply, subtract, GreaterOrEqual, LessOrEqual in particular.

Are these simply left as an exercise for the reader... or is there something else I should be aware of before I go add them myself?

Thanks,

Josh Lane

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2010 at 9:42 PM

The main driving force behind the interpreter is what IRb needed for some scenarios and what IPy needed for startup scenarios. The interpreter is definitely not done or hasn't been baked beyond these things.

If you add more functionality, I'd encourage you to work with the new language stewards on github/ironlanguages (think they are still tracking issues and pushing sources to codeplex, but not taking submissions there). Tomas can review the code there when he's not doing his day job, and he likely knows the most about the interpreter right now.

Cheers,

Bill

Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 12:36 PM
To: Bill Chiles
Subject: Ops not supported by interpreter? [dlr:235774]

Hope someone's still hanging out around here... :-D

I'm starting to play around with the expression tree interpreter (LightCompiler and friends... thanks Tomas, great job!) and noticed that some instructions aren't implemented: multiply, subtract, GreaterOrEqual, LessOrEqual in particular.

Are these simply left as an exercise for the reader... or is there something else I should be aware of before I go add them myself?

Thanks,

Josh Lane

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dlr@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email dlr@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 23, 2010 at 10:19 PM

You might just file a bug in  ironruby.codeplex.com bugtracker and there is a good chance I'll implement the features you need over the weekend. Unless it is sunny and I go for a hike :)