New DLR Project on CodePlex: JaernCloud

Nov 3, 2010 at 9:05 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Hi.

I just wanted to introduce JaernCloud, a new CodePlex open-source project that uses the Dynamic Language Runtime.

JaernCloud is a domain specific language for writing web applications. We're implementing a hierarchical type system called Closure Unified Documents in an attempt to unify HTML, CSS, Ajax and data transformations on the server-side into a single coherent programming language.

An introduction to the JaernCloud programming language can be found at http://jaerncloud.codeplex.com/documentation. Feedback and comments are welcomed, as is developers or people who would like to contribute to the project. We're currently implementing the first Alpha release. 

Here's an example of what this thing looks like:

// ajax counter example
model#counter {
count : integer
}

page#index {
counter : model#counter
-> add { counter.count++ }
}

view#index : page#index, html {
body {
p { "Counter: {counter.count}" }
a { "Click me" -> ajax add }
}
}

Jim Meyer - JaernCloud Coordinator

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Thanks for the pointer. It s great that the DLR is helping you. When you get to the alpha release, or when you think it is appropriate, let me know, and I'll try to add your project as a related project to the list on the DLR page.

Cheers,

Bill

Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 1:52 PM
To: Bill Chiles
Subject: New DLR Project on CodePlex: JaernCloud [dlr:233384]

Hi.

I just wanted to introduce JaernCloud, a new CodePlex open-source project that uses the Dynamic Language Runtime.

JaernCloud is a domain specific language for writing web applications. We're implementing a hierarchical type system called Closure Unified Documents in an attempt to unify HTML, CSS, Ajax and data transformations on the server-side into a single coherent programming language.

An introduction to the JaernCloud programming language can be found at http://jaerncloud.codeplex.com/documentation. Feedback and comments are welcomed, as is developers or people who would like to contribute to the project. We're currently implementing the first Alpha release.

Here's an example of what this thing looks like:

// ajax counter example
model#counter {
count : integer
}

page#index {
counter : model#counter
-> add { counter.count++ }
}

view#index : page#index, html {
body {
p { "Counter: {counter.count}" }
a { "Click me" -> ajax add }
}
}

Jim Meyer - JaernCloud Coordinator

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dlr@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email dlr@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com