Could not add reference to assembly Microsoft.Scripting.Core

Aug 3, 2010 at 4:47 PM
Edited Aug 3, 2010 at 4:48 PM
Hello, I am trying to use some Ironpython code that reference the Microsoft.Scripting assembly - http://devhawk.net/2008/11/21/Background+Processing+ReRevisited.aspx (the files are here: http://cid-0d9bc809858885a4.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/DevHawk%20Content/IronPython%20Stuff/WpfThreadDemo3.zip ). The offending line is: clr.AddReference('Microsoft.Scripting.Core') The exception thrown is "Could not add reference to assembly Microsoft.Scripting.Core". Where can I get this assembly? Why isn't it included in IronPython? I've been searching for the last three hours and simply cannot understand why I do not have this assembly. I am using Ironpython 2.7 A1 with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate.
Aug 3, 2010 at 5:41 PM

In .NET 4.0, you should use "System.Core" instead of "Microsoft.Scripting.Core".

Aug 3, 2010 at 8:02 PM
Thank you very much! This seems to be one of those things EVERYONE knows but is not documented anywhere, including the IronPython changelog.
Coordinator
Aug 5, 2010 at 11:20 AM

We should update our FAQ because you're right that this comes up "a lot". I'm just curious, if we had some sort of question in the FAQ about "I can't ref <blah>" or "in silverlight, I can't access <blah>" and had info on the .NET versions, what to ref, or how to determine what core .NET DLLs simply do not ship with silverlight … would you have thought to look in the FAQ for help on this?

Thanks,

bill

Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 1:03 PM
To: Bill Chiles
Subject: Re: Could not add reference to assembly Microsoft.Scripting.Core [dlr:222338]

Thank you very much! This seems to be one of those things EVERYONE knows but is not documented anywhere, including the IronPython changelog.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dlr@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email dlr@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 27, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Hi,

I cannot seem to locate the FAQ that is referred to in the previous post. What's its current location?

Regards