DLR on top of the Micro Framework?

Jul 22, 2010 at 8:47 AM
I've been thinking a lot about this lately. Theoretically, one could run IronPython, hosted inside a small C# app, on an embedded device. I mean, the architecture of the DLR does make it seem possible. But what do you guys think? PS - Unlike the Compact Framework, the Micro Framework does have Reflection, because I just read this blog where the author ran some VB code on top of the Framework. http://www.christec.co.nz/blog/archives/category/net-micro-framework
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2010 at 6:38 PM

I don't think anyone has tried that yet, but based on what you're saying, should be relatively straightforward. We'd love to hear the outcome if you give it a shot. One team member did play with using our Expr Tree interpreter to run IronRuby code on a device (using NETCF). While that was successful, our interpreter isn't complete yet or fully tuned, so you probably can't run all the code you might like.

Bill

Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2010 1:48 AM
To: Bill Chiles
Subject: DLR on top of the Micro Framework? [dlr:220562]

I've been thinking a lot about this lately. Theoretically, one could run IronPython, hosted inside a small C# app, on an embedded device. I mean, the architecture of the DLR does make it seem possible. But what do you guys think? PS - Unlike the Compact Framework, the Micro Framework does have Reflection, because I just read this blog where the author ran some VB code on top of the Framework. http://www.christec.co.nz/blog/archives/category/net-micro-framework

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dlr@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email dlr@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com